Millwrights Apprentice Program
Contact: Chill Elmore
The United Brotherhood of Carpenters training program produces the most skilled craftsman in the industry with over $120 million spent each year on education training and skills upgrade classes.
Millwrights go through an extensive and comprehensive education and testing program.
Apprentices complete 640 hours of classroom instruction, 5,200 on-the-job training hours, and a two-year Associates Degree in Applied Millwright Science from Ivy Tech Community College.
Skills learned include precision alignment, rigging, welding and fabrication, precision optics,
conveyor/monorail, gas turbine and steam turbine installation and maintenance, machinery installation, first aid/CPR/AED, OSHA 30, fork truck. Journeyman training includes AWC welding certifications and steward training.
Millwrights Local 1076
771 Greenwood Springs Dr. Greenwood, IN 46143
Phone: 317-807-5715 / Fax: 317-807-5716
Business Rep (North)
Phone: 317-807-5715 email@example.com
Business Rep. (North)
Business Rep (South)
Phone: 812-490-0500 firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 317-807-5715 email@example.com
Millwright scope of work includes heavy rigging, wind turbine installations, steam and gas turbine maintenance, precision leveling and alignment, lay-out, pump and compressor installation and rebuilds, conveyor installation and maintenance, fabrication and welding, automated equipment installations and maintenance.
Projects in the Central Wabash Valley include:
• Buzzi Unicem (Greencastle)
• Cayuga Duke Energy Generating Station (Cayuga)
• CSN Steel (Terre Haute)
• Edwardsport Duke Energy IGCC (Edwardsport)
• Elanco (Clinton)
• Futaba Indiana of America Corp. (Vincennes)
• Chiyoda USA (Greencastle)
• Merom Hoosier Energy Generating Station (Merom)
• S G Solutions (West Terre Haute)
• Sugar Creek NIPSCO Generating Station (W. Terre Haute)
• Taghleef Industries (Rosedale)
• Wabash Duke Energy Generating Station (Terre Haute)
• Wheatland Duke Energy Peaking Station (Wheatland)
The 2,855 members of Local 1076 serve all of Indiana and Kentucky. Membership benefits include medical, dental, vision, prescription, pension, annuity, scholarships, and a credit union.
Members provide monetary support as well as time and talent in many charitable and community service activities.